Areas Of Special Interest
Delay and disorder of children’s understanding, expression and pronunciation of verbal language, including verbal dyspraxia.
I screen initially for a variety of problems involving language and speech development but would refer on to other specialists those children presenting with global delay, multiple disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, chronic stammering, cleft palate and voice disorders.
Referrals will be made to audiologists, educational psychologists, developmental paediatricians, ENT surgeons, occupational therapists and others as needed in consultation with the parents and others as appropriate.
- 1972 BSc at The University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
- Registered with The Health Professional Council (HPC) and The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT).
- Member of the Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice (ASLTIP).
- Full-time employed by NHS from 1972 to 1975.
- Full-time employed in Canada from 1975 to end of 1979.
- Full-time employed by NHS from 1980 to end of 1983 when I had my first child.
- Part-time employed by NHS from 1985 to 1987 when I had my second child.
- Part-time employed by NHS from 1988 to end of March 2008.
- Self-employed from 2004.